[kde-freebsd] turning threads off in OpenEXR by default

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 8 01:10:05 CEST 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 17:39:50 -0400
Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> On неділя 07 жовтень 2007, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> =        Thank you.  I merged your port.
> I saw the change. I thought, the new ilmbase would belong to the devel/,
> rather than the graphics/ section -- it has nothing to do with graphics,
> really :-)

	I thought so, but I considered that ilmbase is a graphics usage
	library.  So I decided that category graphics is the first.

> A more serious issue is your decision against running vendor's self-tests by
> default. Yes, I can see, that you left the test-target in the Makefile, but
> it should be used every time the package is built. The authors make some
> assumptions in their code, which may not always hold true -- for example,
> that sizeof(float) == sizeof(int) == 4 bytes.
> Catching any breakage early is a very good thing...

	Humm..  It's a good point.  I'll make ilmbase (and OpenEXR)
	make test on PACKAGE_BUILDING.

> Running the tests in a sub-shell (inside parens) is somewhat wasteful.

	I considered that we should test like this in same environment.
	So I obtained from bsd.port.mk.