[kde-freebsd] turning threads off in OpenEXR by default

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 6 21:33:16 CEST 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 23:22:44 -0400
Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> Although the version 1.2 of OpenEXR was not built with threading support on
> FreeBSD, the current 1.4a includes such support.
> This is forcing all users of the library to include thread-support -- perhaps
> gratuitously. The most (in)famous case is with ImageMagick -- when IM builds
> and detects OpenEXR present, it will include support fo OpenEXR format.
> PerlMagick, however, will then fail because it is not linked with -pthread by
> default...
> I would like to make threading optional in OpenEXR -- and turn it off by
> default.
> Do your ports require a multi-threaded OpenEXR?

	I think that you should use pkg-config like following.

	$ pkg-config --cflags OpenEXR
	-D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/OpenEXR

	$ pkg-config --libs OpenEXR
	-pthread -L/usr/local/lib -lIlmImf -lImath -lHalf -lIex -lz

	And I'll update OpenEXR to 1.6.0.  Thanks for your remind.