[kde-freebsd] non-linear arts playback

Christian Gusenbauer c47g at gmx.at
Tue Nov 6 18:15:55 CET 2007

Hi!

On Tuesday, 06. November 2007, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 27. September 2007 20:28:37 schrieb Michael Nottebrock:
> > Christian Gusenbauer schrieb:
> > > Hi!

> [...]
> > >
> > > Sorry Michael, that's not correct. I reported this problem on July
> > > 14th, and you gave me the same hint as above to play with buffer sizes
> > > and priorities - which I did and which did not help :-(.
> >
> > Okay, sorry about that. As it stands, I am not able to reproduce it
> > however and have no patches to offer either.
>
> Hello,
>
> the same problem persists with 3.5.8.
> But I spent some time searching for the culprit and found akode. It doesn't
> ssem to be a aRts problem because if I compile kdemultimedie without akode
> but wich libmpeg the whole sound system (system sounds, kaboodle etc.)
> works smoothly, without skipping samples. But only if I exclude akode, if I
> compile it with both the problem shows up again.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Now I have problems with kompostite, it simply just crashes whil it worked
> without any problem with 3.5.7. Maybe it has to do with the xorg upgrade to
> 7.3. I'll report if i found anything (not before next weekend).
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Harry

Hmmm, I switched from arts to aKode in juk and that definitely helped me!
Playing system sounds has never been a problem for me, though. Is there a
switch for system sounds where I can switch between arts and akode?

I haven't had the time yet to upgrade my box to 3.5.8 - but this is one of the
next things on my todo list :-).

Ciao,
Christian.