[kde-freebsd] non-linear arts playback

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Tue Nov 6 09:03:59 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 27. September 2007 20:28:37 schrieb Michael Nottebrock:
> Christian Gusenbauer schrieb:
> > Hi!

> >> particular kind of data (e.g. only mp3 files or only ogg vorbis files),
> >> you should look at the respective akode port and the libraries it uses.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >
> > Sorry Michael, that's not correct. I reported this problem on July 14th,
> > and you gave me the same hint as above to play with buffer sizes and
> > priorities - which I did and which did not help :-(.
>
> Okay, sorry about that. As it stands, I am not able to reproduce it
> however and have no patches to offer either.

Hello,

the same problem persists with 3.5.8.
But I spent some time searching for the culprit and found akode. It doesn't
ssem to be a aRts problem because if I compile kdemultimedie without akode
but wich libmpeg the whole sound system (system sounds, kaboodle etc.) works
smoothly, without skipping samples. But only if I exclude akode, if I compile
it with both the problem shows up again.

Hope this helps.

Now I have problems with kompostite, it simply just crashes whil it worked
without any problem with 3.5.7. Maybe it has to do with the xorg upgrade to
7.3. I'll report if i found anything (not before next weekend).

Thanks,

-Harry