[kde-freebsd] koffice does not build on amd64 (GCC 4.2)

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Fri May 25 08:58:30 CEST 2007

Hi Joe,

On Thursday 24 May 2007 20:02:41 Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> I'm trying to build kde3 on my amd64 machine running very recent
> -CURRENT:
>
> FreeBSD lasagna.marcuscom.com 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #13: Tue
> May 22 23:48:10 EDT 2007
> marcus at lasagna.marcuscom.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LASAGNA  amd64
>
> And I get this error:
>
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/kde3_build.txt
>
> This machine was pristine in terms of ports.  I first installed GNOME,
> then when for kde3.  My make.conf can be found at:
>
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/LASAGNA_make.conf
>
> But since this error deals with an internal g++ header, it makes me
> think that perhaps ordering or compiler flags is tripping this up.  I
> looked through the mailing list archives, but didn't see anything.
> Pointyhat has not built koffice yet.

I've not seen this problem reported elsewhere, but unfortunately my -CURRENT
box is out of action at the moment (hardware failure) and I don't know when
I'll be able to check this out further.

I took a look at the code area that triggered this error in koffice, but I
can't see anything obvious that would cause it. Then again, my C++ foo is not
so strong...

Andy

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org