[kde-freebsd] Problems with arts and low-bitrate ogg files

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 21 08:13:14 CET 2007

On Wednesday, 21. March 2007, Axel Gonzalez wrote:
> Just did big ports update, which included kde (-> 3.5.6), and now some
> sound notifications doesn't work.
>
> After a little research, discovered that low bitrate ogg file doesn't play
> anymore.
>
> I'm tryng:
> $ artsplay KDE_Beep_Car.ogg

Literally? I wouldn't expect that to work, but
artsplay /usr/local/share/sounds/KDE_Beep_Car.ogg works for me ...

> Files also fail in amarok/noatun

With amarok configured to use the arts backend I assume.

I suppose that indicates there is a more serious problem than a missing path
at work for you, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce it here.

> Just in case recompiled:
>
> libogg-1.1.3,3
> gstreamer-plugins-vorbis-0.10.12_1,3
> libvorbis-1.1.2,3
> arts-1.5.6,1

You might additionally want to try recompiling akode\*

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org