[kde-freebsd] ports/113295: net-im/kopete: pleawse add 'make config' to choose kopete plugins to install

Daniel W. Steinbrook dsteinbrook at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:09:43 CEST 2007

I've had success in modeling kopete-[plugins|protocols]-* after
akode-plugins-*, but now I've got a few more questions.

First: building libkopete. See, the akode port builds by removing
the "plugins" subdirectory from its Makefile via a patch; similarly, each
plugin removes all subdirectories besides itself (obviously) and lib, since
the plugins need the headers and libraries in the parent directories in order
to build. For libakode, this is fine, but libkopete is rather large -- on my
machine, it takes a few minutes to build, while most plugins take only a
matter of seconds. If a user were to build all 10 protocols and 16 plugins,
this would involve rebuilding libkopete 27 times, although it would only be
installed once. For the binary packages, of course, this won't be a problem,
since they'll just get the installed files, which are not at all duplicated.
So much for the goal of saving build time. Is there a more efficient way to
do this?

Second: there are some hidden protocols and plugins -- that is, they are
present as directories in the source tarball, but they don't build by
default, at least not in the current kopete port. The Meanwhile protocol
seems to need a separate library download (there is a README file in its
directory), and I can't figure out what the smpppd plugin is supposed to do.
I also can't figure out why the SMS protocol is not set to build with the
monolithic kopete. What should be done with these mystery plugins?

Third: which plugins/ports should be enabled by default in the OPTIONS?

- Daniel W. Steinbrook