[kde-freebsd] Patch enabling kdelibs from trunk to build on FreeBSD

Tsampros Leonidas ltsampros at upnet.gr
Sat Jun 16 14:50:52 CEST 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 12:03:20AM +0200, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday 15 June 2007, Tsampros Leonidas wrote:
> > The minor patch attached fixes some missing system include
> > headers,thus enabling the kdelibs module to actually build on a
> > FreeBSD system. I tested the patch on a 6.2-RELEASE-p2 system. The
> > diff was generated against kdelibs from the trunk branch
> > (updated a couple of hours ago).
>
> Hi Leonidas,
>
> Gosh, I'm surprised you get as far as kdelibs -- my kdesupport bails out at
> the first executable because -pthread isn't used -- but here are some
> comments on the patch:

Oops. Sorry. I forgot to mention this problem. In order to work it
around, I set the LDFLAGS=-pthread variable and ran cmakekde([1])
again.

Also, and regarding the whole build process I ran into some problems
while compiling qt-copy from trunk. I don't remember the full details
but I had to disable the psql database backend.

> 1) Use Q_OS_FREEBSD, not __FreeBSD__ to detect the OS. That's a style issue.
> 2) Use HAVE_SYS_TIME_H to see if it exists and include it.
>
> I'll commit something with these taken into account.

Thanks for the style comments (and for commiting something
similar). Is there any style document apart from the
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style wiki article?

[1]: The building process I followed is described here:
     http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

     Of course, some things like dbus and cmake were built using the
     ports tree.