[kde-freebsd] Sound problems with current and KDE 3.5.7

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 15 22:26:14 CEST 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:41:05 +0200
Christian Gusenbauer <c47g at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just upgraded my box from an old current as of May 2007 to
> today's current including all installed ports. Now, I've sound
> skipping problems playing mp3s using juk or noatun in KDE 3.5.7. I
> played a bit with the 'skip prevention' settings in KDE's control
> center but without success.
>
> Though playing mp3 files using (k)mplayer works flawlessly.
>
> So, my question is: did I miss something during the upgrade? What's
> wrong with audio playback on my box?

I'm seeing the same if I use arts output as output plugin in xmss
(audio/xmms-arts) or noatun, but not if I use libOSS as output plugin
in xmss or if I use xmss2.

This is on a FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Jul 12 20:31:29 EEST 2007 with
ULE.