[kde-freebsd] issues with most recent KDE

Patrick Lamaizière patfbsdkde at davenulle.org
Sun Jul 8 12:33:10 CEST 2007

Le dimanche 8 juillet 2007, Mikhail Teterin a écrit :

> 	1. kdm: although a few local users are configured to be
> 	   allowed in without a password, kdm would not let anybody
> 	   in without one. Accounts without passwords at all are
> 	   not allowed at all -- even though null (empty) passwords
> 	   are allowed in kdmrc.

I don't know for this problem.

> 	2. kdm: if the X-server is killed (such as by pressing
> 	   Ctrl-Del->Backspace), kdm will not restart it. It will
> 	   simply report something like "lost connection to server"
> 	   and do nothing...

It works for me, Is there something into the Xorg's log ?
(/var/log/Xorg.0.log).

> 	3. kmail: when talking to an IMAP server with bogus certificate
> 	   (self-signed and issued to a different hostname), kmail
> 	   duly asks the user, if they want to accept the certificate.
> 	   If the user says "yes", they are prompted, whether they
> 	   accept it for now, or for ever.
>
> 	   Even if the user clicks "Forever", they still get prompted
> 	   next time kmail is started.

There is exactly the same problem with Konqueror (https:) when kded is not
started. Is it running ? You must have a processus like :
patrick  1152  [...]  0:06,62 kdeinit: kdeinit: kded --new-startup (kdeinit)

Also check the file ~/.xsession-errors.

Regards.