[kde-freebsd] Question about DRM/DRI/X-Performance in general

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 26 21:15:56 CET 2007

Stevan Tiefert schrieb:
> Hello list,
>
> I use KDE 3.5.4 and X.Org 6.9. I've enabled DRI and the transparancies
> are working but slow. Who would be the right person to ask about
> troubleshooting?
> The FreeBSD-Core-Team, because they program DRM?
> The X.Org-Programmer because they program DRI and the graphics-driver?

Probably the X.org people or x11 at freebsd.org, however: AFAIR, bad
X-Composite performance is expected on all supported chipsets in x.org
6.9 (nvidia cards with the proprietary nvidia-driver will give adequate
performance, but still not mindblowing) and since X.org 6.9 is pretty
much a dead branch, it's unlikely this will change.

Cheers,

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org