[kde-freebsd] broke my kde, any hints?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Feb 12 17:26:20 CET 2007

On Sunday 11 February 2007 16:34, Helge Rohde wrote:
> I also tried:
> %start_kdeinit
> /usr/local/bin/start_kdeinit: Exec format error. Binary file not
> executable.

No such file or directory. That's not part of a regular KDE installation.

> TRABANT# startkde
> xsetroot:  unable to open display ''
> kbuildsycoca running...
> Reusing existing ksycoca

Looks sensible for a startkde run from the text console.

> I am writing this on enlightenment, so X generally works ... I'd be
> grateful for any hints on where to look, what to do and wtf happened ;)

Start X from text console with no window manager. Something like this in
your .xinitrc and .xsession:

#! /bin/sh
exec xterm -geometry +0+0

Then in that xterm run startkde.