[kde-freebsd] parallelizing the build of Qt, etc.

Mikhail Teterin mi+mill at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Aug 23 16:55:18 CEST 2007

четвер 23 серпень 2007 10:09 до, Michael Nottebrock Ви написали:
> Please back this out or at least hide it behind an option. Anyone who
> wants to parallelize make and is willing to deal with the possible
> fallout can easily do so already, this is no safe default for everybody.

Michael, with all due respect to your wishes, I'd like to receive a single
failure report first... I've used this myself for a while on both single- and
multi-CPU machines and had no issues. Without "releasing into wild", we'll
never move on. So, unless there is a release pending soon, I'd like to keep
the change.

> I am certainly not going to do anything similar in the KDE or QT4 ports.

That's surely up to you, the maintainers.

Yours,

 -mi