[kde-freebsd] parallelizing the build of Qt, etc.

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Aug 23 00:40:31 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 04:00:25PM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Either way, you -- portmgr -- need to move on the subject and make a
> parallelization frame-work available, or the constructs will keep
> appearing...

We had hoped that the SoC project would address this, but the student
seems to have dropped out.

The problem is that it is easy to add parallelization that "nearly"
works.  We need to figure out a fool-proof way rather than a quick
way, so that we don't have to deal with problem reports about the
edge cases forever.

mcl