[kde-freebsd] default "konsole" with Gnome??

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Fri Aug 10 01:25:45 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 12:25:49AM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Thursday, 9. August 2007, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	Folks,
> >
> > 	Is there a way of having at least one konsole with the
> > 	scrollbar on the left and a certain font show up whenever
> > 	I boot into Gnome?   There are utilities like xload be loaded
> > 	into the upper-left corner.  Etc.  Where, in short, in the Gnome
> > 	control file that will let me enter by hand with vi that makes
> > 	sure that  that a konsole and xterm is in-place when I login?
>
> You could just save a session with konsole and xterm running. See
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/sessions-0.html an introduction
> to session management. Direct further questions about this to gnome@ please,
> although for such generic topics, the GNOME user forums
> (http://gnomesupport.org/forums/) might be the better place to ask still.

	Sorry for the mis-post to this list, but  I  prefer
	konsole ovr "Terminal" because I can set the BEL to beep.
	Also because of the KDE double-arrrow that saves
	aving a sessionis probably the best way of figuring out what to
	type into which file.  (Being a CLI type, I usually shutdown
	with  % shutdown -r now  or whatever.  ...Stilll learning:-)

	gary

  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix