[kde-freebsd] problem compiling qt33

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu Aug 9 17:27:18 CEST 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 12:01:16 you wrote:

> huff@>> dir /var/db/pkg/ | grep portu
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel       512 Aug  7 07:54 portupgrade-devel-2.3.1
>
> >						and then portupgrade -v qt without
> >other flags and see what it complains.
>
> 	I am curious as to why you think there is a problem with
> portupgrade, which seems to behave according to specification, and
> not with the qt port when the observed error is with the
> compile/link phase.

nono, that is not what I am thinking but using an upgraded version or the
devel version seems to resolve dependency problems better

> >							 Then if there is still a
> >problem you try upgrading first the dependencies and at the end qt
> >alone.
>
> 	Isn't that what "portupgrade -R" is supposed to cover?

well, "should" and "is" sometimes conflict :) and while upgrading dependencies
you may miss a point which makes a port fail at the end

same as above I could solve similare "unknown" problems for me the way I
described

> >		Perhaps you check also if there are two qt versions in your
> >db and pkg_delete one of it and/or run pgkdb -F or -L first.
>
> huff@>> dir /var/db/pkg/ | grep qt
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel       512 Aug  7 07:54 qt-3.3.8_4

pkg_info also reports only one?

in the qt ports dir you checked make config?

--

João