[kde-freebsd] KDE's ACPI awareness

Markus Brueffer markus at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 15 15:35:35 CEST 2007

On Sonntag, 15. April 2007, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Sunday, 15. April 2007, Andrew wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like KDE (3.5.4 on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE) to be ACPI-aware, like
> > it used to be when I was running Kubuntu. For example:
> >
> > - when logging out, KDE would give me the choice to "suspend" the laptop;
> > - I had a small battery monitor/CPU freq monitor icon in the kicker;
> > - KSysGuard used to have ACPI sensors.
> >
> > As I can see all the relevant ACPI values from the console (with
> > sysctl), is there something I should install on KDE to get this
> > functionality back?
>
> No, as far as I know kdm and ksysguard currently lack code to use FreeBSD's
> ACPI support. I cc'd Markus Brueffer this reply, who probably knows best
> about the current status of KDE/FreeBSD wrt ACPI.

ACPI is currently unsupported in ksysguard and klaptop on FreeBSD, I don't
know about kdm, though.

At least ACPI support in ksysguard is easy to add, klaptop is more work,
mostly because it is very unpleasant to work with that code.

Andrew, which CPU freq monitor did you use?

Markus

--
Markus Brueffer    | GPG-Key: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~markus/markus.asc
markus at brueffer.de | FP: 3F9B EBE8 F290 E5CC 1447 8760 D48D 1072 78F8 A8D4