[kde-freebsd] Conflicting file in x11-toolkits/qt33 and devel/qt4-designer

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 15 15:06:27 CEST 2007

On Sunday, 15. April 2007, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Saturday, 14. April 2007, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As part of merging X11BASE to LOCALBASE a conflict has been found between
> > x11-toolkits/qt33 and devel/qt4-designer:
> >
> > # pkg_which /usr/local/bin/designer
> > qt4-designer-4.2.3
> > # pkg_which /usr/X11R6/bin/designer
> > qt-3.3.8_1
>
> Somehow I managed to miss the memo that X11BASE is going to abandoned
> altogether. :/
>
> Will look into it.

The above means that qt33 and qt4 will move into the same prefix, which causes
a lot of conflicts and will require renaming a lot of executables. The list
of candidates:

assistant
designer
linguist
lrelease
lupdate
qtconfig
qvfb

I'm in favour of following the lead of Debian and Fedora and suffixing them
all with "-qt4" - giving the popularity of those two Linux distributions, out
of the box support for this configuration should be rather good and the
breakage minimal. Any objections or suggestions from developers on this list
who are using the Qt4 ports?

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org