[kde-freebsd] x11/kdelibs3 revamp, add OPTIONS

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 6 19:31:25 CEST 2007

Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

> [I don't need all this crap that makes noise, reduces load from
filesystem > polling, supports languages I don't speak and enables
special characters
> in domain names]

[...]

> I would like to hear if there are more people who's for such a change,
> and general opinion of kde@ guys. Thanks.

The general opinion of kde@ is that we have absolutely no interest in
supporting all the possible featuresets that would be the result of making
even only those dependencies you mentioned optional. However, we
absolutely do encourage power-users to do what you did and create (and
support) their own ports and customized installations.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org