[kde-freebsd] x11/kdelibs3 revamp, add OPTIONS

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Thu Apr 5 16:32:04 CEST 2007

Hi!

I'm one of those people who don't like extra dependencies, and I'm
disappointed that, while it's required by many useful apps,
x11/kdelibs3 does not provide options to disable obviously useless
for many people functionality and, thus, additional depends (arts,
libthai, fam, aspell, libidn etc.). I've created kdelibs3-lite
port for myself, stripped of useless depends and I'm happy with it.

But I wanted to know if it's worth to submit kdelibs3-lite as a PR,
or maybe it's even possible to merge OPTIONS into kdelibs3 port (it
could be improved even more. For example, kdelibs3-nocups support is
rather ugly as it is).

I would like to hear if there are more people who's for such a change,
and general opinion of kde@ guys. Thanks.

--
Best regards,
  Dmitry Marakasov               mailto:amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru