[i18n] [Bug 525220] Discover: "Mise à jour vers la version %1"

Côme bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Dim 6 Sep 18:13:52 BST 2026


https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525220

Côme <come.allart at netc.fr> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |come.allart at netc.fr

--- Comment #1 from Côme <come.allart at netc.fr> ---
(In reply to Thomas Bertels from comment
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=522964#c13)
> I don't think that  "Mise à jour depuis la version %1." ("Update from
> version [version]") is better.
> I would actually say it makes it as bad as in German.
> 
> I think "Actualisation de la version [version]" ("Update of version
> [version]") or maybe "Mise à jour de la version [version]" (but it's more
> ambiguous) would be better.

Other possible French translations : « Rafraîchissement de la version %1 » and
« Renouvellement de la version %1 » (https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/refresh)

« Renouvellement » seems off here, it is often used when we want to continue
using something that would have expired otherwise, for instance « renouveler un
bail », or « renouveler un certificat ».

I think « actualisation » is more related to getting new information on a topic
/ feed, I would not use it for software.

I would say that « rafraîchissement » sounds better here but I have no strong
arguments for this.

I agree that « Mise à jour de la version [version] » is ambiguous, but so is
the English version (to be honest, I did not really catch why Discover updates
a package to the same version)! Yet, it might be a too approximate translation
as the English version is « refresh », not « update ».

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.


Plus d'informations sur la liste de diffusion kde-francophone