D19565: kconfig_compiler: new kcfgc args HeaderExtension & SourceExtension

Alexander Lohnau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 16 19:09:05 BST 2021

alex added a comment.

  However the option seems pretty unused, even from a github search: https://github.com/search?q=HeaderExtension%3D+extension%3Akcfgc&type=Code&ref=advsearch&l=&l=

  > KF targets also consumers outside of KDE spheres

  Also I think there are currently quite a lot of kcfgc options, which makes is more difficult to work with IMHO. That might also be more true for third party users which are not very familiar with the API.

  > to see that developers of other projects prefer those suffixes for C++ headers. Using .h, so the same suffix as used for C headers

  Though from having a quick look it seems like (pretty much all) of those headers are not using any of KDE/Qt libs. Which means that they would not be a very likely audience anyways.
  If we want to attract our frameworks to more users, making them slimmer is also a possibility one needs to consider.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig