D17816: Support for xattrs on kio copy/move

Kamil Dudka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 2 14:19:43 GMT 2021

kdudka added a comment.

  I do not think we have to.  Please have a look at how attr_copy_fd() from <attr/libattr.h> is implemented: http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/attr.git/tree/libattr/attr_copy_fd.c?id=a4187bec#n111  This code is quite mature and it is used by cp(1) on GNU/Linux for instance.  I do not think that KDE users will appreciate some blindly coded fancy features on top of that when the basic functionality gets totally broken as a result of these experiments.  Please keep the code simple and reliable.