KF6 meeting notes 2021-12-07

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Wed Dec 8 10:34:53 GMT 2021

Le mercredi 8 décembre 2021 à 11:26 AM, David Redondo <kde at david-redondo.de> a écrit :

> Am Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2021, 18:04:19 CET schrieb Volker Krause:
>
> > https://phabricator.kde.org/T11587
> >
> > -   there are bigger plans to rework color scheming, this needs more
> >     coordination with the effort to down-tier this for KF6
> > -   would likely mean only storing the color scheme name in kdeglobals
> >     rather
> >     than actual colors
>
> I actually started a branch to use QSettings instead of KConfig for
> KColorScheme with some changes to the public API that does this.
> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kconfigwidgets/-/commits/work/davidre/
> qsettings/
>
> > -   do we need per color cascading or is that rather a bug? compare e.g.
> >     Kate's syntax highlighting themes.
>
> This does away with per color cascading, and imo there's not much use
> case for
> it. When introducing the Header color set extra effort was taken to NOT
> have
>
> cascading for those. Also Plasma will only allow creating full color
> schemes
> from the gui iirc.

Cascading of color scheme doesn't really make sense and is actually causing
problems with the Header when an application allows to overwrite the theme
(e.g. neochat, elisa, ...) but the app theme used doesn't have a Header role
defined, then you get a mix of two themes and it's a bit broken.

There was an attempt to fix this here:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kconfigwidgets/-/merge_requests/52