D29299: Make KI18N_INSTALL() not rely on only LOCALE_INSTALL_DIR

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 12 13:44:25 BST 2020

dfaure added a comment.

  @pino Other than the fact that you think D29136 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29136> is "good enough", do you have any concrete objection to this version?

  My own objection would simply be that "backward-compatible fallback" is a bit too strongly worded; it reads like "this smells bad and might go away one day".
  How about we rather call this ECM integration, to make it clear that as long as you're using ECM, we do not expect every caller of ki18n_install to pass the destination manually?

INLINE COMMENTS

> KF5I18nMacros.cmake.in:83
>  #
> +# ``DESTINATION`` specifies the installation directory where the files are installed to (since 5.70).
> +# For backward-compatibility, if this argument is not passed, the installation

(to be updated to 5.75 now)

> KF5I18nMacros.cmake.in:97
>  #
> -# KI18N_INSTALL(po) does the following:
> +# KI18N_INSTALL(po DESITNATION ${KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR}) does the following:
>  # - Compiles kfoo.po into kfoo.mo and installs it in

typo: s/DESITNATION/DESTINATION/

REPOSITORY
  R249 KI18n