D28122: Copy KFontDialog from KDELibs4Support to KWidgetAddons, now KFontChooserDialog

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 22 17:30:30 GMT 2020

ahmadsamir marked 6 inline comments as done.
ahmadsamir added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kfontchooserdialog.h:89
> The usual way in Qt API is that the parent is the last argument, rather than the first.
>
> But for this to be convenient, the fontlist argument would have to move to a setFontList() method, and I see that KFontChooser itself doesn't support that. So, I won't block for this reason, but if you're aiming for perfection, you know what to do... ;)
>
> Then flags can either be a setter, or a constructor overload:
>
>   ctor(QWidget*)
>   ctor(flags, QWidget*)
>
> like QFontDialog or QLineEdit or many others do, in order to keep the parent pointer as the last argument.

Done. And I removed the fontList parameter altogether, it wasn't used, and even QFontDialog doesn't have it. I think the need to set a specific font list to display in a font selection dialog is pretty niche, I couldn't find a single usage of it in lxr (even in stable-qt4 branch).

Since the ctor parameters both have default values, I won't overload the ctor.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons

BRANCH
  l-kfontdlg (branched from master)