D26407: KFileItem: Improve isSlow to not block when a network mount is unresponsive, make SkipMimeTypeFromContent skip only on network fs

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 4 17:22:11 GMT 2020

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added inline comments.

> anthonyfieroni wrote in kfileitem.cpp:49-50
> Put them in `getMountPoints` as local static variables, global static are no-go.

I agree.

> meven wrote in kfileitem.cpp:787
> Here I am using KMountPoint::currentMountPoints which uses mnttab which should be supported on *nix.
> The part about android came from KMountPoint::currentMountPoints comment.
>
> I was thing about merging the two KMountPoint::currentMountPoints and KMountPoint::possibleMountPoints for better accuracy.

You're right, the issue on the FreeBSD jail is fstab, not mnttab. Ignore what I said.

I still don't really like the assumption "no mountpoint found for a given path => we're on android" in a comment. I bet there are other corner cases where this can happen. If you really want to find out you're on android, surely there's Q_OS_ANDROID. Or until we find out what those other corner cases are, the code can stay, but the comment should say "for instance" or "maybe", not "can only mean".

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO