Would distributions have an issue if KF 5.77+ would require Qt >= 5.14 (instead of >= 5.13 as of now)?

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Tue Dec 1 12:51:49 GMT 2020

Hi,

with my KDE Android hat on this would be fine, we use Qt 5.15. For KDE's
own Windows/Mac builds I'd expect it to be similar.

What most/all not-traditional-Linux-distro users have in common is that
they are not bound to the specific Qt version decided and shipped by a
vendor and instead either build themselves or download official binaries.

The two major "distributions" that are potential frameworks users but
can't because of Qt versions (SailfishOS and Ubuntu Touch) don't ship
5.13 either, so it doesn't make the problem worse.

Cheers

Nico