D28882: Create protocol to manage video feeds

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 27 18:34:18 BST 2020

zzag requested changes to this revision.
zzag added a comment.

  > In future, it might be faster to put up just the interface xml for review first.

  ++

  ---

  What about using existing `wl_output` objects? The `add_source` event can be simplified quite a lot (even maybe dropped). For windows, we could use string handles.

    <request name="record_monitor">
      <description/>
      <arg name="id" type="new_id" interface="zkde_screencast_stream_v1"/>
      <arg name="output" type="object" interface="wl_output"/>
    </request>

    <request name="record_window">
      <description/>
      <arg name="id" type="new_id" interface="zkde_screencast_stream_v1"/>
      <arg name="handle" type="string"/>
    </request>

  Please notice that the manager object also needs to advertise supported cursor modes

    <enum name="cursor_mode">
      <entry name="hidden" value="0"
        summary="the cursor is not part of the screen cast stream"/>
      <entry name="metadata" value="1"
        summary="the cursor is not part of the screen cast stream, but sent as PipeWire metadata"/>
      <entry name="embedded" value="2"
        summary="the cursor is embedded as part of the stream buffers"/>
    </enum>

    <event name="cursor_mode">
      <description summary="blah-blah"></description>
      <arg name="mode" type="uint" enum="cursor_mode" summary="supported cursor mode"/>
    </event>

INLINE COMMENTS

> screencast.xml:8
> +  ]]></copyright>
> +    <interface name="zkde_screencast_unstable_v1" version="1">
> +        <description summary="Protocol for managing Pipewire feeds of the different displays and windows."/>

Interfaces usually come without `unstable` in the name.

s/zkde_screencast_unstable_v1/zkde_screencast_v1/

> screencast.xml:52-54
> +        <request name="close">
> +            <description summary="requests closing a pipewire buffer"/>
> +        </request>

zkde_screencast_stream_unstable_v1 must have a destructor request.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland