Proposing Quick Charts as a new framework

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Sep 2 18:26:02 BST 2019

Arjen Hiemstra ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on a library the past few months that provides a QtQuick
> module for rendering gpu-accelerated charts. It currently lives in a playground
> repository, here: https://invent.kde.org/kde/kf5quickcharts . I would like for
> this library to be included as a Tier 1 Framework.

Hi,
I've noticed that some time ago (I didn't enable the translations yet, but
maybe it's not needed). I have a question and a comment:

- what is the difference between this one and the existing kqtquickcharts,
part of the KDE Applications bundle, from the KDEEdu project? At least their
description overlaps. Is there any transition path? Having two duplicate
libraries with the exact same goal may not be the best scenario.
- I don't think that "5" should be part of the name; in two years from now we
may have a Frameworks 6, and having a kf5quickchart as part of it may be
confusing.

Ciao
--
Luigi