D24966: KXmlGui: port away from KF5 deprecated API

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 29 18:42:33 GMT 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  Playing with reviving my programIconName undeprecation patch (by adding a new property iconName w/ setter/getter), and looking through the rest of the API, I though now think that we should keep KAboutData untouched and leave it for metadata about programs, while instead making use of KPluginMetaData instead when it comes to plugins.

  As it seems KAboutData is only used with plugins to be able to reuse the KAboutApplicationDialog. So I have sketched a KAboutPluginDialog variant, which takes a KPluginMetaData instead. First tests work fine, should be uploading later tonight. So far tested with KDevelop, custom dialog for plugins actually improves things. KPluginSelector will be able to drop some code, and we can also deprecate KAboutData::fromPluginMetaData, as using KAboutApplicationDialog for a plugin was the only purpose by what lxr tells me (only in Okular & KDevelop).

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui