D24966: KXmlGui: port away from KF5 deprecated API

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 27 19:35:30 GMT 2019

dfaure added a subscriber: jriddell.
dfaure added a comment.

  Yep, actually I found code in kcmutils (KPluginSelector::Private::PluginDelegate::slotAboutClicked) which sets the program icon name from a plugin (so NOT qApp->windowIcon()) on the aboutData passed to this dialog.
  So the functionality kind of made sense, but it was removed and deprecated because KAboutData is in kcoreaddons and can't link to QIcon (commit 62aad4fc37fd <https://phabricator.kde.org/R244:62aad4fc37fdc7794e5d059a5897ab1c7eabecdf> by @jriddell).
  I have to wonder about this logic however, as a container for a string, loaded in the above dialog, it was still useful.

  The problem is that KAboutData can be about the program (main about data) or about anything else (part, plugin).
  For the program, we don't need to set an icon name in KAboutData.
  But for parts/plugins, I can see how this was (somewhat) useful.

  The above commit deprecated setProgramIconName because KAboutData::setApplicationData can't make use of it, but the code in kaboutapplicationdialog.cpp can.
  How about we undeprecate it?
  And possibly rename it setIconName...

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui