D24746: [kpropertiesdialog] adjust ui for root directory

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 18 19:03:27 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In principle I like the idea of customizing the display to be more appropriate. However I feel like the best way to do this might be to go in a different direction: instead of adding overrides for `/`, maybe we should take advantage of the fact that `/` is always a mounted volume and instead make the properties dialog reflect the name and icon of the disk in question. Otherwise when you look at the properties for that disk, the dialog that appears shows a different name and icon from the thing that was clicked on.

  F7623965: Screenshot_20191018_120133.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7623965>

  If we improve the properties dialog for disks in general, that will also improve the display for other kinds of disks and mounted volumes.

  What do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  kpropertiesdialog-root-directory (branched from master)