D24681: Use ECMGenerateExportHeader to manage deprecated API better

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 18 09:05:06 BST 2019

leinir accepted this revision.
leinir added a comment.

  In D24681#547798 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24681#547798>, @kossebau wrote:

  > No support for EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT, as some deprecated API is still used internally, so this needs more clean-up by someone(tm) first.

  It's indeed annoying, and i've been trying to get rid of the internal usage (i do very much like clean build output), but of course it's just not that straightforward, and in particular things like where things in KNS have been deprecated in favour of things in KNSCore we can't just get rid, because getting rid of that would cause havoc with BCI. Basically a bunch of TODO KF6 things :P

  But, apart from that, yes, this is really good work, and whether or not that's in, definitely fire away :) i especially like the second half of those "don't use this, use THIS" bits :D

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff

BRANCH
  useECMGenerateExportHeader