D23789: Add ECMGenerateExportHeaders, for improved handling of deprecated API

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 9 06:29:52 BST 2019

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ECMGenerateExportHeader.cmake:269
> +# cannot be used to reactivate the declaration, and ``Foo::doWhat`` will not
> +# have been built into the library binary.
> +#

Really? Isn't doWhat excluded only if EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT is set to 5.12.0?
With 5.0.0 it's still available, no?

I'm also surprised this paragraph talks about doWhat but not doBar, they both get disabled together, right?

> ECMGenerateExportHeader.cmake:276
> +# to the version before and at which all deprecated API has been excluded from
> +# the build,
> +# Even more when building against other libraries from the same group "Bar" and

comma followed by uppercase letter is unusual grammar

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules