D25590: support for user removing background and automatic shadow

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 28 19:32:38 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  That ended up quite nice in the end ++

INLINE COMMENTS

> appletinterface.cpp:414
>      emit backgroundHintsChanged();
> +    if (!m_userBackgroundHintsInitialized || !(m_backgroundHints & Plasma::Types::ConfigurableBackground)) {
> +        emit effectiveBackgroundHintsChanged();

I think technically has a bug.

if m_userBackgroundHintsInitialized == true

and the m_backgroundHints changed from !configurable -> configurable

then the effectiveBackgroundHints will change, but we're not emitting it.

i.e this should be

  if (!m_userBackgroundHintsInitialized ||
          !(newbackgroundHints & Plasma::Types::ConfigurableBackground))
          !(oldbackgroundHints & Plasma::Types::ConfigurableBackground)

Though personally I would just call effectiveBackgroundHints() before and after, it's more robust than duplicating the logic.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)