D25545: Rename signal for avoiding overload signal

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 27 10:44:13 GMT 2019

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> Doxyfile.local:4
> +# define so that deprecated API is not skipped
> +PREDEFINED += \
> +    "KCOREADDONS_ENABLE_DEPRECATED_SINCE(x, y)=1" \

The predefined macros we want to tell doxygen about in the case of kapidox (being run in a non-build checkout, so without the generated headers/sources) are both the variants of the 3 macros for SONNETCORE and SONNETUI, not KCOREADDONS :)

In case you wonder about the differences for instructions to ecm_add_qch, kapidox processes the whole sources with both libs into one documentation module, while the ecm macro is used to create two separate QCH files, one per library.
(and ecm_add_qch also is run in a build, so with the generated headers/sources available, cmp. also the INCLUDE_DIRS arg. Sadly doxygen does not digest the `__deprecated(text)__` attribute properly, so we need to help it with the very warning deprecation macro (*_DEPRECATED_VERSION) and have it resolve it itself to a void string instead of the real content. At least the *_DEPRECATED_SINCE are properly done, so no assistance needed there)

> CMakeLists.txt:36
> +    DEPRECATED_BASE_VERSION 0
> +    DEPRECATION_VERSIONS 5.65
> +    EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT ${EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT}

Given there is nothing yet deprecated in the core lib, you want for now to not pass any DEPRECATION_VERSIONS args (to avoid the respective generated preprocessor code).
You can still prepare the argument by just making the line a comment, like

  # DEPRECATION_VERSIONS 5.x

> dialog.h:110
> +     * The dialog won't be closed if you setBuffer() in slot connected to this signal
> +     * @Since 5.65
> +     * Also emitted after stop() signal

The @since would ideally also be move to the end of the docs.

REPOSITORY
  R246 Sonnet