D24349: More fixes to compile without implicit conversion from ASCII/ByteArray

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 26 22:11:32 GMT 2019

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kfileplacesmodel.cpp:280
>          KFilePlacesItem::createSystemBookmark(d->bookmarkManager,
> -                                              I18NC_NOOP("KFile System Bookmarks", "Home"),
> +                                              I18NC_NOOP(QStringLiteral("KFile System Bookmarks"), QStringLiteral("Home")),
>                                                QUrl::fromLocalFile(QDir::homePath()), QStringLiteral("user-home"));

The QStringLiteral here might create trouble for the translation extraction scripts?

I think the proper fix is to change the signature of createSystemBookmark to take two QByteArray arguments. Or you could even keep const char* for the context (the first one of the two) since it's dropped, no point in creating a QByteArray out of it.

> kpasswdservertest.cpp:325
>             KIO::AuthInfo info;
> -           info.url = QUrl("http://www.example.com/test" + QString::number(i) + ".html");
> +           info.url = QUrl(QLatin1String("http://www.example.com/test") + QString::number(i) + QStringLiteral(".html"));