D25117: file ioslave: stop copying as soon as the ioslave is killed

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 22 12:33:31 GMT 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D25117#565877 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25117#565877>, @dfaure wrote:

  > Nice, I didn't realize the slave had 5 seconds to cleanup after being killed, I thought it died immediately
  >  (genericsig_handler in slavebase.cpp).

  I didn't realize there was a timeout somewhere.

  > Hmm, the Windows code is probably a no-op then, there's no signal handler there to call setKillFlags(), so no opportunity to cleanup before dying.
  >  Some research indicates that we'd have to use `SetConsoleCtrlHandler` on Windows for similar behaviour.
  >  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2007516/is-there-a-posix-sigterm-alternative-on-windows-a-gentle-kill-for-console-ap
  >  https://danielkaes.wordpress.com/2009/06/04/how-to-catch-kill-events-with-python/

  I did not realize that.

  > OK so at least it seems feasible, so I won't object to the commit even if it doesn't implement it on Windows.

  This would be a regression in Windows, because of the code removal in `filecopyjob.cpp`.
  I need to implement signal handling for windows starting at `KIOPrivate::sendTerminateSignal` in `kioglobal_p_win.cpp`. currently it simply kills directly the process. and use `SetConsoleCtrlHandler` as you suggested to fix this.
  Or add a `#ifdef Q_OS_WIN` block in filecopyjob.cpp.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO