D21660: remove dbus for windows build and change audio dep logic

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 20 11:45:07 GMT 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  No, not really, I fixed that long ago, we auto-detect this and use the KDE_FORK_SLAVES code paths for that

  see in slave.cpp

    static bool forkSlaves()
    {
        // In such case we start the slave via QProcess.
        // It's possible to force this by setting the env. variable
        // KDE_FORK_SLAVES, Clearcase seems to require this.
        if (bForkSlaves.load() == -1) {
            bool fork = qEnvironmentVariableIsSet("KDE_FORK_SLAVES");

            // no dbus? => fork slaves as we can't talk to klauncher
            if (!fork) {
                fork = !QDBusConnection::sessionBus().interface();
            }

    #ifdef Q_OS_UNIX
            if (!fork) {
                // check the UID of klauncher
                QDBusReply<uint> reply = QDBusConnection::sessionBus().interface()->serviceUid(klauncher()->service());
                // if reply is not valid, fork, most likely klauncher can not be run or is not installed
                // fallback: if there's an klauncher process owned by a different user: still fork
                if (!reply.isValid() || getuid() != reply) {
                    fork = true;
                }
            }
    #endif

            bForkSlaves.testAndSetRelaxed(-1, fork ? 1 : 0);
        }
        return bForkSlaves.load() == 1;
    }

REPOSITORY