D25340: Added background colors to active and inactive icon view

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 16 19:09:37 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D25340#563388 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25340#563388>, @niccolove wrote:

  > > @ndavis said:
  > >  Here's what I think:
  > >
  > > - The line should indicate that the app is opened, the window is not minimized and the window is focused (opaque blue) or inactive (opaque gray)
  > > - The background should indicate whether an app is not opened (no BG), minimized or inactive (semi-transparent gray), or focused (semi-transparent blue)
  >
  > Please note that would require change in how desktop themes are handled, not in the desktop theme itself, as far as I understand it. I'm afraid I don't have the experience to implement what you are saying; this is the best I can offer. Of course, if there is anybody else, it could be a good idea.

  It looks like you already did it, but the opacity levels of the inactive bars need to be changed. I noticed that the SVG uses black in inkscape as the base color for the minimized and normal (inactive) modes, but actually uses the text color in Plasmashell. Keep that in mind when adjusting the opacity and the color class should be changed to InactiveText. I haven't actually tested if this value works, but it should. Right now I'm playing around with your patch a bit.

  Based on my experience, this should have broken stylesheet support, but apparently not...

    <g
       style="fill:#000000;fill-opacity:0.15686275;opacity:0.34"
       transform="matrix(0.96296296,0,0,1,0.18519,41.899999)"
       id="normal-center">
      <rect
         class="ColorScheme-Text"
         style="color:#31363b;fill:#000000;stroke:none;fill-opacity:0.15686275"
         id="rect4957-0-4"
         width="27"
         height="13"
         x="5"