D25311: Add KColumnHeadersProxyModel

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 15 15:18:30 GMT 2019

vkrause added a comment.

  In D25311#563011 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25311#563011>, @ahiemstra wrote:

  > > I'm wondering if this is technically a proxy model, or rather a QAbstractListModel? Its content is not representing cells in the source model after all, which mapTo/FromSource assumes I think.
  >
  > Yeah I'm not entirely sure. If it was possible I would probably have based this on QTransposeProxyModel, but that is Qt 5.13+ stuff.

  I don't think that would help much either, as that assumes you are mapping cells to cells, not cells to header data.

  >> It works in the example as you implement the entire QAIM interface needed for it, so the mapping functions are probably not even called, until the source model changes, or you add a selection model on top.
  >
  > Most of what I needed I needed to implement because QAbstractProxyModel does not reimplement them.

  Right. My point is that if you'd inherit from QAbstractListModel and drop parent, index, columnCount and mapTo/FromSource you should end up with the same result. The sourceModel property might need to be added explicitly in that case though.

REPOSITORY
  R275 KItemModels