D25084: Allow a Multiple instances to become Unique

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sun Nov 3 23:13:10 GMT 2019

Point taken, I’ll rework the patch for a regexp of servicenane + ‘-‘ + pid,
this will fix your second point.
About your first point, do you think it’s a problem?

Just speculating, if an app opens as multiple and then another instance
tries to open as unique, it should reuse the existing one or merge?

I did not try to change the registered name as actually nothing happens
when a second instance of an unique app opens, it silently closes - so in a
way I did not registered an unique application as name - pid, I just passed
the arguments to the currently opened ::multiple application, and quit.