D22143: Add proper logging using ECMQtDeclareLoggingCategory

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 29 09:17:48 BST 2019

meven added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in CMakeLists.txt:21
> Instead of relying on an undocumented  cpp file name generated by ecm_qt_declare_logging_category, you rather want to have a separate SRC variable which carries the source files generated by the macro, and add its content here by instead adding this to the list:
>
>   ${KActivitiesStats_LOG_SRCS}
>
> That variable will also make it easier to track where this file is actually coming from, instead having to guess it.

While it is true, the solution here is not ideal, it is quite commonly used in kde projects and anyone opening the CMakeLists.txt should come up pretty quickly that this file is being generated elsewhere.
I just lack a viable alternative. I had a hard time to uncover this solution in the first place.

REPOSITORY
  R159 KActivities Statistics