[sysadmin/ci-tooling] build-specs/Plasma: Disable execution of tests for plasma-integration.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Feb 3 17:35:48 GMT 2019

On vendredi 1 février 2019 10:32:19 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 9:15 PM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > I'll try to get around to debugging this, but I'm surprised by one thing:
> > doesn't the same issue happen in KIO's own tests? It also has several
> > tests
> > that make use of KIO slaves directly, skipping KLauncher.
>
> Indeed, I found it surprising as well.
>
> Only thing I can think of is that the tests in KIO tell the slaves to
> exit before it finishes itself and exits - while the tests in
> plasma-integration don't do this.

There's no API in KIO for telling slaves to exit; they are supposed to just do that by themselves, after being idle for a while.

> > Ironically, the reason we skip klauncher is exactly to avoid this problem
> > in the first place (kdeinit and klauncher would keep running after the
> > test ended).
>
> The CI tooling should eliminate the need to do this for the most part
> as long as you don't try to launch them yourself, as it will launch
> kdeinit as part of the environment setup process :)
> https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling/blob/master/helpers/run-tests.py#

Well, let's try without KDE_FORK_SLAVES then?

I just pushed that in https://commits.kde.org/plasma-integration/a94bbdaadff282a26dece12172234b8bec1a29c9
also merged to master.

Can you re-enable CI and let me know if it works better - or worse? ;-)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5