D26129: Remove Iterator based loops for range based loops

Tomaz Canabrava noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 23 18:21:30 GMT 2019

tcanabrava added a comment.

  In D26129#582336 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26129#582336>, @ervin wrote:

  > The patch being large I didn't check each one separately but I suspect this patch misses boat loads of qAsConst.

  Yes, it indeed misses, I'll add the qAsConst. ( I would actually prefer to change the QList to std::vector in the future, no need to add the 'qAsConst' there and it would help readability )

  > Besides there's at least one case of very flawed logic, it can't be about blindly switching one loop construct for another especially when the iterators are compared inside the loop body.

  I didn't blindly change anything, everything I did I tested either by running the unittests or recompilling and testing the settings of applications.

  This patch greatly increases the readability of the software. I'll do another round of reviews here adding the qAsConst and trying to find broken logic but I don't believe they are really broken.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig