D25814: [KColorScheme] Add SeparatorColor

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 9 05:36:52 GMT 2019

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  Few more comments on this:

  - general: you will never be able to make all the opiniated people happy, and you have to draw a line (otherwise your code will become bloated, buggy, and unmaintainable)
  - regarding this specific case: many widget style will not implement this new color. For those this will just generate bugs reports: why is my color scheme not respectd ?
  - some widget styles (oxygen at least, but I'm sure there are others) use two colors for frames and separators, to mimic shadows or relief effects. Adding one single color for this will not fit such schemes.
  - in the end if you need an extra color for a given theme (be it future-breeze or whatever), there is also the possibility to add it as a extra option for this specific theme, rather than forcing it to kcolorscheme and imposing it to all styles (or making kcolorscheme broken for all the styles that wont use it).

  This is how window decoration shadows and glow were handled to oxygen.
  I think this change will break more things than it will fix, especially if the fix is to make some opinionated people happy.

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets

BRANCH
  separator-color (branched from master)