KCrash crash racing

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Aug 7 15:26:27 BST 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 4:47 PM Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> My impression is that relying on core handlers makes a lot of sense,
> there would be some questions to answer such as "what happens when
> running on other systems". Maybe for now we could try doing an
> in-between? Handling cores on plasma and using drkonqi as we do now
> otherwise?

We can't have per-process core handling. Or rather, we can have
handling but from a system point of view it'd still be a global
handler we set that possibly conflicts with interests of distros and
their own handler (ABRT, apport). IOW: there is only one
/proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern and it doesn't have a per-proc variant.

> Does drkonqi work nowadays at all on systems that aren't Linux/BSD?

It's certainly not being actively QA'd. Heck, on windows it's not even
CI'd because the Qt is too old. Who knows.

HS