D20700: Add "edit-remove" icon symlink

Björn Feber noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 21 18:30:33 BST 2019

GB_2 added a comment.

  In D20700#453658 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20700#453658>, @ndavis wrote:

  > We have a problem where we don't use consistent iconography for "remove". Sometimes it's a normal minus, sometimes it's a red minus, sometimes it's a red X and sometimes it's a red trash can (the line between "delete" and "remove" can be blurry). I think adding an `edit-remove` icon would likely cause more confusion, first for developers and then for users. I don't think using a minus without a plus is a problem, but perhaps the minus should be made red?

  A trash can in a list like D20576 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20576> would look like you're deleting something entirely and a red minus would still have the context problem like I said. The GNOME HIG even has a rule for this (https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/icons-and-artwork.html):

  - Remember that some icons are only meaningful alongside other icons of the same type. For example, a media icon for stop is simply a square, and may not be identified as a stop icon without other media controls (like play, pause, or skip) being visible close by. Likewise, the icon to remove an item from a list is a subtract symbol (i.e. a single line), and will not be recognizable without a corresponding “plus” add icon.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons