grantlee commit access

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Apr 15 22:20:58 BST 2019

[CC kde-frameworks-devel for information]

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the merge of the Qt 5.13 build fix.

I would certainly welcome grantlee as a KF5 framework, I think it makes things
easier from a KDE point of view, and it reduces the bus factor in terms of who
can actually push to the repository. At the same time, we still need you as
the maintainer, so I hope this isn't a push-and-forget, but just a different
contribution model and a different release model.

My releasing of KF5 is very very automated, I certainly don't mind one more
framework, if it follows the rules :)

Some reorganization will be needed, see
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Framework_directory_structure

Then there is the checklist at
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/CreationGuidelines

I also noted that the current README.md mentions "Grantlee Templates and
Grantlee TextDocument" but then only explains what the first one is, nothing
else is said about TextDocument?

Cheers,
David.

On lundi 15 avril 2019 09:59:15 CEST Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I'm just merging that now. Thanks for the heads-up.
>
> I have been thinking of putting making Grantlee a KF5 Framework, as I
> haven't been fast with maintenance lately.
>
> My idea would be that I'll go through the github issues/PRs etc and make
> one more release, then push it to KDE.
>
> That would have a few implications, such as you would be releasing it
> etc. Do you think that would work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen.
>
> On 15/04/2019 08:01, David Faure wrote:
> > Hi Stephen,
> >
> > can you merge https://github.com/steveire/grantlee/pull/48 ?
> >
> > This is blocking builds with Qt 5.13.
> >
> > Can you give me push access so we're not blocked if you have moved on?
> > Alternatively we'll have to fork it on kde.org....

Working on KDE Frameworks 5